Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Petersen Family

Meet the Petersens! I had such a good time photographing them and the location was beyond beautiful. Each person in their family has so much personality and I tried to catch a glimpse of that, especially in their single shots. 
Here's a confession for you: Posing a family of 7 "just right" can be tough. But during this session I learned a valuable lesson: Let them pose themselves too! The few times I did that, I could feel the ease in their positions and the real smiles came out without much coaxing on my part. All I had to do was be ready to catch those natural and REAL family moments.
Thank you for letting me spend time with your family!
This is one of my sweet Beehives. Isn't she beautiful?
And I have now claimed this handsome devil as my future son-in-law...
In the boys' picture below, I had them throw rocks into the water at the same time. Then I said "Look over here and smile" and just a moment later they gave me those poses. So awesome.
I'm in love with these sibling pictures...

1 comment: